TOC is now accepting director/show submissions for our 2013 Season. All information for directors is listed below. We generally pick script/director combinations submitted by those wanting to direct. If you have a play you would like to suggest we produce, but are not interesting in directing, please email those suggestions to TOCRocks@gmail.com attention Play Selection Committee.
As always, thank you for your interest and support!
Director Submission Guidelines
Theatre on consignment welcomes submissions for plays for our 2013 Season. Here’s our criteria:
- When selecting a play:
- The play should fit with TOC’s mission statement as listed on our website.
- It should be able to be performed in our current space at FMCC. Please keep in mind our limited budget, cast size, and royalty requirements. Musicals are NOT our thing, so don’t even think about it.
- It should be a show that you are personally passionate about.
- Obviously, language is not an issue, but we don’t do nudity. If it’s there, it can be worked around, but it will not be worked in.
- We prefer experienced directors only please.
- We at TOC DO NOT pre-cast shows. Period.
- Please send your submission to our business office at Theatre On Consignment, 709 Stackman Dr. Unit B, Wichita, KS 67203. Include the following:
- Your contact information.
- Resume, along with a list of professional references.
- A brief summary of why you want to direct said show and why you think it’s great for TOC.
- Any blaring issues in your submission (2 set show on our tiny stage, Period Costumes, etc.)? Your plan to handle those issues.
- A copy of the script.
- If you would like us to consider more than one show, please include a list of those. If we need copies of any scripts, we will contact you. Please only send a script for your main submission.
- If you have any questions, please email Cherice Henderson, our Executive/Artistic Director at RecieKay@yahoo.com